Skip to forum content

You are not logged in. Please login or register.


forums.pvpgn.pro → [EN] Diablo → Copy local char to charsave

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Posts: 7

1

Topic: Copy local char to charsave

Hi,

is it possible to copy a local (existing) char (.d2s file) into the charsave folder?
I try to create a new char in Diablo2 (closed bnet) and replace the file in the charsave folder with the local save, then i want to connect with the char but i only get an error.

2 (edited by Feofilaktt 02.03.2018 15:33)

Re: Copy local char to charsave

Stulle wrote:

Hi,

is it possible to copy a local (existing) char (.d2s file) into the charsave folder?
I try to create a new char in Diablo2 (closed bnet) and replace the file in the charsave folder with the local save, then i want to connect with the char but i only get an error.

1 - Create a character on the server
2 - Copy the save file to your desktop
3 - Rename it to save.d2s
4 - Open with HeroEditor (Compatible with your version of Diablo 2)
5 - Edit and save
6 - Rename back to save (File without extension in lowercase)
7 - Copy and replace the save in the charsave folder

Answer me if it worked.

3

Re: Copy local char to charsave

Feofilaktt wrote:

1 - Create a character on the server
2 - Copy the save file to your desktop
3 - Rename it to save.d2s
4 - Open with HeroEditor (Compatible with your version of Diablo 2)
5 - Edit and save
6 - Rename back to save (File without extension)
7 - Copy and replace the save in the charsave folder

Answer me if it worked.

Hi, this works pretty fine!
But it is possible to transfer an existing (offline) char, so i don't has to create all new and edit them?

4

Re: Copy local char to charsave

find the character save file from your diablo folder and put it into the charsave file from server folder

5 (edited by Karol 02.03.2018 11:20)

Re: Copy local char to charsave

Charname must be the same (local i server), then form local computer copy file to charsave folder. Of course extension .d2s must be deleted. Letters size also are important, charname =/= Charname, especially on linux os

6 (edited by Feofilaktt 02.03.2018 14:19)

Re: Copy local char to charsave

Stulle wrote:

Hi, this works pretty fine!
But it is possible to transfer an existing (offline) char, so i don't has to create all new and edit them?

Some time ago I tried, I remember I had a configuration in Hero that worked, but I do not remember what it is.

For security, I think it's best to edit a save file created by the server, instead of importing a save from its single game (offline)

7

Re: Copy local char to charsave

If you create the character on the server first then upload your single player file into the charsave folder (make sure the characters are named exactly the same), it should just work.

Admin of SlashDiablo - Large vanilla-like server
Founder of Diablo2.org - Dedicated Discord server for PvPGN/D2GS questions

Posts: 7

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Who now at forum

Currently view post: 1 guest, 0 registered users

forums.pvpgn.pro → [EN] Diablo → Copy local char to charsave