Skip to forum content

You are not logged in. Please login or register.


forums.pvpgn.pro → [EN] Diablo → Anti cheating for Diablo 1.13c

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Posts: 17

1 (edited by Happin3ss 02.04.2018 14:12)

Topic: Anti cheating for Diablo 1.13c

I'm using the PvPGN latest version with D2GS 1.13c.
Currently Warden is deprecated and I had to disable it in my server. I'm just curious to know that is there any anti-cheating method available to replace it ?
I read something about ExtraWork but I'm not sure is it ready to use and how to integrate it into the server smile
1/ My purpose is just want to block the players who use maphacks or BOT (auto farming)...
2/ In detail, the goal is just allow them to use D2Me Maphack and kills them all (or log the information) with another kind of maphack or BOT...
3/And is the current log support to log those activities ?

I also read things about this:
- Select GMs to track down booters and other harmful hackers within the game. => I do, but not much effect cause detecting a BOT is really hard in my server, especially the player is also always watching it

- Use versions of Patch 1.14+ that there are few versions of exploit => is current D2GS support 1.14+ ?

- Use a Patch with modifications that prevent programming Boot Scripts, such as changing WP, NPCs, locations => I want to bring a pure LoD to my players. So something about modifications should be avoided. But can we change something that doesn't effect to the games ? (Like item ids or something like it ?)

- Blocking malicious packages with IPTables => Totally don't understand about this one. May someone help me to give an explanation ?

Thank you !

2

Re: Anti cheating for Diablo 1.13c

Warden works only in version 1.11b if I'm not mistaken. In the other versions he will randomly expel the players from the games due to the scrambled packages.

As I said in another post, there are several ways to block hackers on your PvPGN server.


- Select GMs to track down booters and other harmful hackers within the game.

- Use versions of Patch 1.14+ that there are few versions of exploit

- Use a Patch with modifications that prevent programming Boot Scripts, such as changing WP, NPCs, locations.

- Blocking malicious packages with IPTables


It depends a lot on the problem that the server is experiencing...

3 (edited by Happin3ss 02.04.2018 14:28)

Re: Anti cheating for Diablo 1.13c

Feofilaktt wrote:

Warden works only in version 1.11b if I'm not mistaken. In the other versions he will randomly expel the players from the games due to the scrambled packages.

As I said in another post, there are several ways to block hackers on your PvPGN server.


- Select GMs to track down booters and other harmful hackers within the game.

- Use versions of Patch 1.14+ that there are few versions of exploit

- Use a Patch with modifications that prevent programming Boot Scripts, such as changing WP, NPCs, locations.

- Blocking malicious packages with IPTables


It depends a lot on the problem that the server is experiencing...

Haha thank you for your reply But I edited my post a bit earlier wink So any suggestion in my case ? When I just want to block all hackmap (except D2ME but I'm not sure It's possible) and auto-farming (BOT)

4 (edited by Feofilaktt 02.04.2018 14:28)

Re: Anti cheating for Diablo 1.13c

Happin3ss wrote:

- Select GMs to track down booters and other harmful hackers within the game. => I do, but not much effect cause detecting a BOT is really hard in my server, especially the player is also always watching it

It is true..

Happin3ss wrote:

- Use versions of Patch 1.14+ that there are few versions of exploit => is current D2GS support 1.14+ ?

It is not supported, but the MPQ Patch is the same and apparently the addresses and packets have remained intact.

You can use version 1.14b in D2GS 1.13c. Just switch PatchMPQ from 1.13c to 1.14b in your D2GS folder and force your Player to use version 1.14b by putting in versioncheck.conf in your PvPGN.

Happin3ss wrote:

- Use a Patch with modifications that prevent programming Boot Scripts, such as changing WP, NPCs, locations => I want to bring a pure LoD to my players. So something about modifications should be avoided. But can we change something that doesn't effect to the games ? (Like item ids or something like it ?)

Unfortunately the bots work with string and code, you would have to modify the name of the item and the code for success, which generates a lot of work.

It is easier to change some WP and modify some areas. Something of the kind .. that way the bot crashes.

Happin3ss wrote:

- Blocking malicious packages with IPTables => Totally don't understand about this one. May someone help me to give an explanation ?

This idea I have not tested, but it worked very well in other cases and can also work to block other hackers as well.

In that post @GecKoTDF explain better on the subject.

https://forums.pvpgn.pro/viewtopic.php?id=1820

5 (edited by Happin3ss 02.04.2018 15:03)

Re: Anti cheating for Diablo 1.13c

Thank you for your answer. And one more thing is how about ExtraWork ? I saw it in github but not sure how to integrate it smile
I think upgrading to 1.14+ is  the way I will go but It's not totally solve my problem.

6

Re: Anti cheating for Diablo 1.13c

Happin3ss wrote:

Thank you for your answer. And one more thing is how about ExtraWork ? I saw it in github but not sure how to integrate it smile
I think upgrading to 1.14+ is  the way I will go but It's not totally solve my problem.

What exactly was your problem?

7

Re: Anti cheating for Diablo 1.13c

Feofilaktt wrote:
Happin3ss wrote:

Thank you for your answer. And one more thing is how about ExtraWork ? I saw it in github but not sure how to integrate it smile
I think upgrading to 1.14+ is  the way I will go but It's not totally solve my problem.

What exactly was your problem?

'Cause I'm pretty sure that players still can do BOT with 1.14+ version smile
I took a look in the source code of BOT tools and pretty sure that It doesn't effect by versioning.

8 (edited by Feofilaktt 02.04.2018 22:02)

Re: Anti cheating for Diablo 1.13c

Happin3ss wrote:

'Cause I'm pretty sure that players still can do BOT with 1.14+ version 
I took a look in the source code of BOT tools and pretty sure that It doesn't effect by versioning.

Bots are difficult to even stop.. Do you use which OS for the server? Win or Linux?

9

Re: Anti cheating for Diablo 1.13c

Feofilaktt wrote:
Happin3ss wrote:

'Cause I'm pretty sure that players still can do BOT with 1.14+ version 
I took a look in the source code of BOT tools and pretty sure that It doesn't effect by versioning.

Bots are difficult to even deter .. Do you use which OS for the server? Win or Linux?

I'm using Windows Server 2008 for my server. BOTs, since the beginning day is always my biggest problem to face smile .

10

Re: Anti cheating for Diablo 1.13c

Happin3ss wrote:

I'm using Windows Server 2008 for my server. BOTs, since the beginning day is always my biggest problem to face .

The worst thing is the attacks, I think you have not had any experience with crashes in D2GS. This is currently our biggest battle lol

11

Re: Anti cheating for Diablo 1.13c

Feofilaktt wrote:
Happin3ss wrote:

I'm using Windows Server 2008 for my server. BOTs, since the beginning day is always my biggest problem to face .

The worst thing is the attacks, I think you have not had any experience with crashes in D2GS. This is currently our biggest battle lol

I'm considering about "in-game" problem wink. I've been attacked some times in the past, by DDOS and some Windows exploits (Even it's an enterprise version) but none of them caused too much damaged.
In my opinion as a software engineer, you have no way to prevent an attack to D2GS wink, just make sure you are ready to bring everything back and data is safe are okay enough.

12

Re: Anti cheating for Diablo 1.13c

Actually at the moment I can block three types of attacks that crash the D2GS. Other than the new ones I'm discovering with a sniffer filtering packets in the D2GS process in a project-oriented VM. When I finish I will post, but until then success for us big_smile

13

Re: Anti cheating for Diablo 1.13c

How do you even deal with those attacks, Feofilaktt? Sounds like an up-hill battle to say the least.

14

Re: Anti cheating for Diablo 1.13c

Delatte wrote:

How do you even deal with those attacks, Feofilaktt? Sounds like an up-hill battle to say the least.

It depends on the situation.. but briefly - I look for the origin of the attack - I discover how it works (which sploit) - I use the same sploit to analyze the packets sent with a sniffer - Block malicious packets with the IPTables - I apply and test the rules in a separate server - So I apply it on my server to see how players react to the filter

Added: 03.04.2018 14:44

It's hard work .. so I'm putting together the information and testing the filter before posting here in the forum.

My intention is to make a Firewall together with @GecKoTDF to block most malicious packages and even sploits like redvex, etal, etc.

For both systems, Linux (iptables) and then Windows with an external firewall.

15

Re: Anti cheating for Diablo 1.13c

Hi guys,

Well at this moment - Im using this fix's

- IP Table to block the famous code to crash D2GS
- D2GS running in a Windows XP SP3 virtual machine inside a linux host (where is the IPTables)
- Mod game.dll from 1.13c / 1.14b to block the overhead chat.-
- And of course use 1.14b and using version check force that version in the clients.-

At the moment dont have any problem, testing for 1 week, I know I don't have to much players, but work OK - And yes we are working with @Feofilaktt in a friendly way to fix all this and test the best version at the moment for Diablo II.

16

Re: Anti cheating for Diablo 1.13c

The way we all dealt with it - spent hours pouring over logs, google searching and talking to other server owners as much as possible. The more we can share the knowledge, the better off we will all be big_smile

Admin of Slash Diablo & Diablo2.org (coming soon).

Also check out Slash's Character Armory!

17

Re: Anti cheating for Diablo 1.13c

Hi!

I m also interested in that topic as I am new to pvpgn.

Happin3ss wrote:

- Select GMs to track down booters and other harmful hackers within the game.

How would this work? Are there any log files where GMs can search for hackers? In other words does it rely on player cheating before the eyes of GM? Or is there a way to tell if someone is botting in private games for example?

Feofilaktt wrote:

Blocking malicious packages with IPTables

Any tutorial to that? Can I use to detect invalid packets? Like taking wp without interacting it first or reacting to item drop in less than 200ms and so on?

Posts: 17

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Who now at forum

Currently view post: 1 guest, 0 registered users

forums.pvpgn.pro → [EN] Diablo → Anti cheating for Diablo 1.13c