Skip to forum content

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

forums.pvpgn.pro → [EN] Tech Support → looking for a setup guide

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

1 (edited by karrie 26.12.2020 01:06)

Topic: looking for a setup guide

I am looking for a complete guide on how to setup a diablo 2 1.13c battlenet server with pictures. preferably a video guide. including d2gs and pvpgn, download links, config files and everything I need to know. could not figure it out from the d2gs guide on the website and couldn't get the services to work right. can anyone please help me with this. I am currently on windows 10 pro and have all the original dvds from the diablo battlechest set

1.13c diablo 2. disabled warden. and I am planning on running a private server just so I can play around with uber diablo and pandemonium event. while using this mod by xi-jin https://www.moddb.com/mods/lord-of-dest … ry-release

Re: looking for a setup guide

karrie wrote:

could not figure it out from the d2gs guide on the website and couldn't get the services to work right.

Can you be more specific about this, are you seeing any errors in the logs or something?

nothing was happening when running the services exe. not being added to the list of windows services in services.msc. not showing up in task. just nothing happens at all even with compatibility mode for xp, 98 or windows 7, even with running as administrator. adding the reg file works but nothing else happens. Thats why I was looking for a video guide step by step. because im obviously making a mistake. im on windows 10 pro 64 bit edition

After trying to start D2GS, do you see any .log files in the same folder?

5 (edited by karrie 03.01.2021 04:30)

01/02 19:21:57.488 main: failed StartServiceCtrlDispatcher

and trying to run the pvpgn bat results in it claiming visual c++ is not installed when both 64 bit and x86 are installed

Skip running D2GSSVC.exe for now, let's focus on trying to run D2GS.exe.

D2GS.exe -> Properties -> Compatibility -> Change settings for all users

• Compatibility Mode: Windows XP (Service Pack 2)

• Run this program as an administrator

Now try running D2GS.exe and see if any .log or .txt files get created.

01/03 17:34:43.923 D2GEThread: Server Thread 13560 Created
01/03 17:34:44.379 D2GEThread: Game Server Thread Start Successfully
01/03 17:34:44.379 D2GSResetGameList: End all game in the Game List and in the GE
01/03 17:34:44.379 watchdog_init: CreateThread watchdog_thread, 15844
01/03 17:34:44.379 main: Entering Main Server Loop

this is the d2gs log after making those property changes. but the service still gives the same error when making those same changes to the properties

karrie wrote:

this is the d2gs log after making those property changes.

This indicates that D2GS has at least started up successfully.

Did you terminate the process immediately? If left running, D2GS logs should indicate attempts to connect to D2DBS and D2CS.

made a breakthrough. the service now works. and I got the pvpgn installer to start but I have a new problem

Post's attachments

Untitleddews.png 11.99 kb, 2 downloads since 2021-01-04 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

You need to install the Desktop development with C++ workload when installing Visual Studio 2019. If you already installed Visual Studio 2019,

At any time after installation, you can install workloads or components that you didn't install initially. If you have Visual Studio open, go to Tools > Get Tools and Features... which opens the Visual Studio Installer. Or, open Visual Studio Installer from the Start menu. From there, you can choose the workloads or components that you wish to install. Then, choose Modify.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/visual … -workloads

11 (edited by karrie 05.01.2021 08:44)

c++ is installed I know I have desktop development, universal windows platform, both games development and most anything else related to c++ which individual package specifically. is it something unavailable in community version?

hmm wait I think it might actually be because visual studios does not have the sdk kit for my current windows build out yet?

nope 18362 is the latest version it has and my windows build is 18363

Upload CMakeOutput.log

The system is: Windows - 10.0.18363 - AMD64

Post's attachments

osbuild.png 4.7 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

That's not what I asked for

The system is: Windows - 10.0.18363 - AMD64 is all it says. it does not work because I cannot make it with a version of windows with no sdk. there is 10.0.18362 but no 10.0.18363

Post's attachments

CMakeOutput.log 45 b, 3 downloads since 2021-01-06 

Open Developer PowerShell for VS 2019 and run msbuild /version, does it successfully output a version number?

Using PvPGN Magic Builder isn't necessary to build PvPGN, you can follow this slightly outdated guide instead: https://github.com/pvpgn/pvpgn-server/b … dio2015.md

Make sure you select Win32 when configuring with CMake.

https://forums.pvpgn.pro/uploads/images/2021/01/07/image.png

thanks for trying. that older guide is a little bit too advanced for me i'm just going to wait til visual studios has a windows sdk that coinsides with my windows version

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Who now at forum

Currently view post: 0 guests, 0 registered users

forums.pvpgn.pro → [EN] Tech Support → looking for a setup guide