Skip to forum content

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

forums.pvpgn.pro → [EN] Diablo → Diablo 2 resurrection servers emulators or files?

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Topic: Diablo 2 resurrection servers emulators or files?

Has anyone knows any teams that are going to develop Diablo 2 resurrection (D2R servers) for the current remastered version of D2?

Re: Diablo 2 resurrection servers emulators or files?

john007 wrote:

Has anyone knows any teams that are going to develop Diablo 2 resurrection (D2R servers) for the current remastered version of D2?

The only way I would see this happen, would be if:

1) Someone reverse engineered bnet2, which I don't see happening at all because of lawsuits other things.

or

2) Is able to modify the dr2 code (similar to how the new d2r maphacks work), whereby they re-direct to a bnet1 server. Potentially.... coupled with a re-direct entry in the hosts file?

I see option 2 being much more likely, but it would require someone much smarter than me to figure that out.

justaplaneguy wrote:
john007 wrote:

1) Someone reverse engineered bnet2, which I don't see happening at all because of lawsuits other things.

or

2) Is able to modify the dr2 code (similar to how the new d2r maphacks work), whereby they re-direct to a bnet1 server. Potentially.... coupled with a re-direct entry in the hosts file?

I see option 2 being much more likely, but it would require someone much smarter than me to figure that out.

You were totally wrong. D2R isn't running on Bnet2 and blizzard Activision never said that.

D2Rga.net

The D2RGA, which stands for 'Diablo 2 Resurrected Gaming Area', is a small server emulator used to host mini-games. The servers are backward compatible with Diablo II and Diablo II Resurrected. Check it out at https://d2rga.net/

Ferib is the man and his friends cracked D2R technical alpha client and he even made a server emulator that supports D2 lod classic and D2R. Blizzard Activision sent DMCA to them and they stopped the project.

john007 wrote:
justaplaneguy wrote:
john007 wrote:

or

You were totally wrong. D2R isn't running on Bnet2 and blizzard Activision never said that.

D2Rga.net

The D2RGA, which stands for 'Diablo 2 Resurrected Gaming Area', is a small server emulator used to host mini-games. The servers are backward compatible with Diablo II and Diablo II Resurrected. Check it out at https://d2rga.net/

Ferib is the man and his friends cracked D2R technical alpha client and he even made a server emulator that supports D2 lod classic and D2R. Blizzard Activision sent DMCA to them and they stopped the project.

"totally wrong" I wouldn't go that far. I have read other sites that claim D2R is on BNET2. Whether it is or it is not, is besides the point.

If you look at my original post, I alluded to the fact that the first problem is lawsuits, etc. The reason i said that, is because the project you're referring to.... is completely shut down, and I am not aware of anything up and running as of this moment (2022) that will support a private D2R environment.

Everything is down. That link you posted.... that's completely down. References to github, where Ferib had it hosted.... completely gone. You can't get to any of it. D2RGA.net no longer exists as a valid website.

5 (edited by john007 02.03.2023 04:38)

I was in their D2R servers and played with my cousins and it wasn't fully completed yet. I did asked him on Discord about it too but later blizzard assholes sent them DMCA. Then I DM again he said can't continue anymore because of that reason. That's why I don't see why we can't make one if he can in the first place. If blizzard still DMCA people coding a D2R servers or emulator they should have shutdown D3 emulator already. D3 is growing strong but I have no interest it in.

Good news guys, finally blizzless devs are made a D2R servers. I've played it on their beta testing server even asked the devs how much it done. They said 95% done that was last months ago. Right now probably 97-99% done. They said will host it on the western too so those gets high pings on their Russia server will have a chance to play on it. Some people including myself did asked them will they release the servers files. They said maybe. So, if they can't find a western hosting. They probably would release the servers files for those wants to host and play with their families and friends. My cousins so hyped about it when I told them.

https://forums.pvpgn.pro/uploads/images/2023/06/21/image-4.png

https://forums.pvpgn.pro/uploads/images/2023/06/21/image-3.png
Even mods are working on the servers. Those are the recently screenshots from their servers.

john007 wrote:

Good news guys, finally blizzless devs are made a D2R servers. I've played it on their beta testing server even asked the devs how much it done. They said 95% done that was last months ago. Right now probably 97-99% done. They said will host it on the western too so those gets high pings on their Russia server will have a chance to play on it. Some people including myself did asked them will they release the servers files. They said maybe. So, if they can't find a western hosting. They probably would release the servers files for those wants to host and play with their families and friends. My cousins so hyped about it when I told them.

wow! thats some really good news!

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Who now at forum

Currently view post: 0 guests, 0 registered users

forums.pvpgn.pro → [EN] Diablo → Diablo 2 resurrection servers emulators or files?