Skip to forum content

You are not logged in. Please login or register.


forums.pvpgn.pro → [EN] Diablo → Change PVPGN Realm Friends list

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Posts: 4

1 (edited by sharpwg 29.04.2024 22:40)

Topic: Change PVPGN Realm Friends list

How can you change the PVPGN Realm friends list text message to your actual realm name? I cannot find where this is edited.

2

Re: Change PVPGN Realm Friends list

sharpwg wrote:

How can you change the PVPGN Realm friends list text message to your actual realm name? I cannot find where this is edited.


This information is not recorded in the DB, so you will have to start recording it in the pvpgn_friend table to be able to search or collect this information from the plain file (if you are not using a DB).

But it doesn't seem to make much sense to me since accounts can constantly change realms.

Diablo 2 Online

Itens - Armory - Market - Clans - Builds - Planner

3

Re: Change PVPGN Realm Friends list

Feofilaktt wrote:
sharpwg wrote:

How can you change the PVPGN Realm friends list text message to your actual realm name? I cannot find where this is edited.


This information is not recorded in the DB, so you will have to start recording it in the pvpgn_friend table to be able to search or collect this information from the plain file (if you are not using a DB).

But it doesn't seem to make much sense to me since accounts can constantly change realms.

I apologize if I am misunderstanding. I am not using a DB so they are the plain files. I am actually looking for changing the message that shows up when you do /f l command (It says PVPGN Realm in the message by default). I have seen other servers change the wording to their realm instead.

Another one is when someone on your friends list joins a game, it says something PVPGN related too IIRC. I am basically seeking to modify the PVPGN/PVPGN Realm wording in the friends list commands and messages from activity to my own realm name.

Is this something I can do, is what you said what I was referring to?

Added: 29.04.2024 17:37

Found it in bnetd.conf, line 447

##############################################################################
# Server network info                                                        #
#----------------------------------------------------------------------------#

# Servername by which the server identifies itself (default: "PvPGN Realm")
#servername = ""

4

Re: Change PVPGN Realm Friends list

sharpwg wrote:
Feofilaktt wrote:
sharpwg wrote:

How can you change the PVPGN Realm friends list text message to your actual realm name? I cannot find where this is edited.


This information is not recorded in the DB, so you will have to start recording it in the pvpgn_friend table to be able to search or collect this information from the plain file (if you are not using a DB).

But it doesn't seem to make much sense to me since accounts can constantly change realms.

I apologize if I am misunderstanding. I am not using a DB so they are the plain files. I am actually looking for changing the message that shows up when you do /f l command (It says PVPGN Realm in the message by default). I have seen other servers change the wording to their realm instead.

Another one is when someone on your friends list joins a game, it says something PVPGN related too IIRC. I am basically seeking to modify the PVPGN/PVPGN Realm wording in the friends list commands and messages from activity to my own realm name.

Is this something I can do, is what you said what I was referring to?

Added: 29.04.2024 17:37

Found it in bnetd.conf, line 447

##############################################################################
# Server network info                                                        #
#----------------------------------------------------------------------------#

# Servername by which the server identifies itself (default: "PvPGN Realm")
#servername = ""


Oh right, you did well, that's where you need to change it.

I thought you wanted each user's current realm to appear in their respective line.

https://forums.pvpgn.pro/uploads/images/2024/05/01/captura_de_tela_2024-04-30_210905.png

Diablo 2 Online

Itens - Armory - Market - Clans - Builds - Planner

Posts: 4

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Who now at forum

Currently view post: 0 guests, 0 registered users

forums.pvpgn.pro → [EN] Diablo → Change PVPGN Realm Friends list