Skip to forum content

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

forums.pvpgn.pro → [EN] Diablo → D2GS Random Crashes

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Topic: D2GS Random Crashes

Hello again buds!

My server was running smoothly, about 50 users online and was all ok until last friday.

Last Friday we made a ladder reset and the upload of a new modded patch on the server.
After a couple of hours and about 100 users online, it started to randomly crash the D2GS

Could you guys help me know the issue reading the logs?

Thanks for any advice
And yeah, we are double checking our patch changes too..

Diablo II Evolution
The first with a truly connected auction house

Re: D2GS Random Crashes

Two addresses in your Stack Crawl can appear in many situations (try google it):
6ff60eaf
6ff612eb

If your server is attacked through a vulnerability then it also should produce the following line in D2GSLib-Debug.txt:

D2GSErrorHandle: Unhandled exception occured

But not it your case. So, it should be your patch problems.

Do not ask for support in PM.

HarpyWar wrote:

Two addresses in your Stack Crawl can appear in many situations (try google it):
6ff60eaf
6ff612eb

If your server is attacked through a vulnerability then it also should produce the following line in D2GSLib-Debug.txt:

D2GSErrorHandle: Unhandled exception occured

But not it your case. So, it should be your patch problems.

Nice!  I'll Google those addresses and we are working to find out what's wrong with the patch!
Thank you again for the info.

Diablo II Evolution

I think google of this address will not give you additional info about the issue, because it appears in very many situations, including not only a server but also D2 client.
Actually, you should look into a stack dump in your D2-161209.txt files to find a crashed module.
As I understand, Fog.dll is the end of trace, and the start is D2GS.exe in your trace.

You should know better which and where modifications were made, and which of them may be unstable.

5 (edited by b1n 15.12.2016 19:15)

I was seeing that..
But your info that isn't an attack helped me out, now i'll look just at the patch.

We made several changes on patch_d2.mpq, probably some error with the patch.
I'm just confused because I've seen the same error in a d2gs with the original patch..

Anyways, the server was running smoothly with more than 100 users until our ladder reset with the new patch.

When I find the reason, I'll post here

Edit: Different version of patch_d2 on client side, joing my server could crash my d2gs or will crash just client side?

Diablo II Evolution

b1n wrote:

Different version of patch_d2 on client side, joing my server could crash my d2gs or will crash just client side?

Earlier I though that incorrect patch_d2.mpq may be a reason of a client crash only. But a client and a server uses the same dlls which use data from mpq, so may be it's possible for a server too.

Do you use an original D2GS by Marsgod with only patch_d2.mpq modified, and which version? How often the crashes occur?

ok ill send in pm

Diablo II Evolution

8 (edited by kXander 02.01.2017 23:06)

it's patch problem, I had the same and changed patch_d2.mpq to original and no more problems. when I test alone no problems but when many players online means more drops, change to cause the problem for the patch changes. send me your patch

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Who now at forum

Currently view post: 0 guests, 0 registered users

forums.pvpgn.pro → [EN] Diablo → D2GS Random Crashes