Skip to forum content

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

forums.pvpgn.pro → [EN] Research & Development → How to add new translation (Slovak language)

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Topic: How to add new translation (Slovak language)

As the topic subject says, i made a translation of bnmotd to slovak language and planing to do the same with other files. How to add another language to pvpgn? I can send u the file/s to add it to default installation.

PC: Double check the text files, there are a lot of nonfunctional links.

Brut

Administrator of BRUT.me Portal and BrutleNET.

Re: How to add new translation (Slovak language)

Is there any Blizzard game translated to Slovak?

Do not ask for support in PM.

You mean officially? or unofficial translations? our language is very similar to czech, so mostly we use czech (w3 had an official czech and dabing for example), but I would like to give an option to slovak language too.

I guess it can be added regardless of supported it officially by a client or not. There is /language command that allow to choose any translation.

Please, follow this guide and add pull request when your translation will be fully ready.

yes, i tried, created new language folder and put it besides all language folders, but it is not working. when writing /language in brutlenet, the system displays all of the language possibilities, where is that list stored? czech language has an typo in it and there is no slovak even after i added the appropriate folder, so i think it needs to be written somewhere in a file? maybe o.O

You should take common.xml from root of i18n as a basis to create a new translation.
A new language will appears in the list if you correctly set language tag inside common.xml

<language tag="enUS">English</language>

And do not forget to validate it with "pvpgn_localize_validator.exe common.xml" to except parse errors.

I tried now, but it is not working (it should be enough just to restart the server from its menu, not to completely turn it of and on?)... not every language has the common.xml in its folder and , in fact only de and es, other languages are working without it, only with the folder and the bnmotd.txt file, so there must be a place to register that language, or not?

Hm.. I forgot that language codes are hardcoded in i18n.cpp.
So, is there any Blizzard game translated to Slovak? (official translation or not)

9 (edited by Brut 24.01.2017 18:26)

no problemo, i thought that there will be something like that, but hoped it will be in some of the config files...

I found just this for sc2
slovenciny.com/starcraft-2-wings-of-liberty-sk/

I meant old games for Battle.net 1.0

no, sadly not, there are all only czech translations used by slovak players, why do u need it exactly?

I've just pushed a new commit that allows to add a new language by only having locale files in the appropricate directory. Check it out.

wow great, but what to do with that all, I am not a programmer, my skill is low hmm

On Windows you can download automated Windows build of the latest commit from https://pvpgn.pro
Or use https://github.com/pvpgn/pvpgn-magic-builder that can download the latest source code and build it.

On Linux - follow the building guide from repository Readme https://github.com/pvpgn/pvpgn-server

Thank You, You are really great smile it works, here is the basic slovak language folder brut.me/brutlenet/skSK.zip

I have fixed one word in bnmotd of czech language, not accurately translated, if you want I can upload it too and the czech language bnmotd contains this sentence "%I%IYour IP address: %r, Your ID %i & Your client %t.", that any other contains, but it may be usefull to be in the default bnmotd, so i added it into slovak and other languages on my server too (the ones that i speak), maybe it could be added as default

PS: and do u know what could be wrong with w2bne of my other thread??

Will you translate all phrases in common.xml?
It will be better if you could send a pull request with new files directly to the git repository. And fix this line in czech bnmotd. Not me.

ok, I will, just give me time with the common.xml.

You want that line to be added in english and all the other translations?

Brut wrote:

You want that line to be added in english and all the other translations?

I may make sense to show all available variables in motd.
To start it may be enough for english motd. But if you know how to translate to other languages then it can be updated too.

I think the same way, i gonna check it and finalize after i survive the weekends party big_smile

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Who now at forum

Currently view post: 0 guests, 0 registered users

forums.pvpgn.pro → [EN] Research & Development → How to add new translation (Slovak language)