Skip to forum content

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

forums.pvpgn.pro → [EN] Tech Support → [Solved] Problem with server connection loss

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

1 (edited by Feofilaktt 19.07.2017 17:45)

Topic: [Solved] Problem with server connection loss

I've been having a very strange problem on server.

Symptoms:

- Intense Lag.

- Some players fall out of the games.

- The Cloud Server hangs, but not by lag, because I can move on your desktop, however it does not open any process or program.

- This always happens in the Logs when it crashes:
Jul 19 09:01:32 [error] pvpgn :: bnetd :: on_d2cs_accountloginreq: sessionnum 432 not found
Jul 19 09:01:32 [error] pvpgn :: bnetd :: on_d2cs_accountloginreq: sessionnum 158 not found
Jul 19 09:20:31 [error] pvpgn :: bnetd :: on_d2cs_accountloginreq: sessionnum 829 not found
Jul 19 09:24:27 [error] pvpgn :: bnetd :: on_d2cs_accountloginreq: sessionnum 819 not found
Jul 19 09:24:27 [error] pvpgn :: bnetd :: on_d2cs_accountloginreq: sessionnum 873 not found
Jul 19 09:24:27 [error] pvpgn :: bnetd :: on_d2cs_accountloginreq: sessionnum 876 not found
Jul 19 09:49:43 [error] pvpgn :: bnetd :: on_d2cs_accountloginreq: sessionnum 568 not found
Jul 19 09:49:43 [error] pvpgn :: bnetd :: on_d2cs_accountloginreq: sessionnum 970 not found

What can it be?

Tks for help

Diablo 2 Online

Itens - Armory - Market - Clans - Builds - Chat

Re: [Solved] Problem with server connection loss

Make sure you use console programs, because GUI may cause delays.

If you use VDS but not a dedicated server, there is a high probability that all these problems are due to limitations of а virtualization technology.

Добавлено: 19.07.2017 17:19

A lot of hosting providers limit CPU resources, and such VDS are not suitable for realtime applications.
You can ask on tech support, your VDS have full or limited CPU core performance.

Do not ask for support in PM.

HarpyWar wrote:

Make sure you use console programs, because GUI may cause delays.

If you use VDS but not a dedicated server, there is a high probability that all these problems are due to limitations of а virtualization technology.

Добавлено: 19.07.2017 17:19

A lot of hosting providers limit CPU resources, and such VDS are not suitable for realtime applications.
You can ask on tech support, your VDS have full or limited CPU core performance.

But the Cloud Server has enough settings to support Pvpgn, and could this problem still occur?

My Cloud Server settings:

Processor: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU 53-2650 v3 @ 2.30GHz (2 processors)
Memory (RAM): 1,99 GB
System Type: 64-bit OS Windows Server 2012 R2

Diablo 2 Online

Sure these system settings are enough to host pvpgn.
I just want to say that there may be many different implicit problems with VDS, because of shared resources.

You said that players fall out of the games - I assume from D2GS also, because you created this post in Diablo section. I mean D2GS is a realtime application. But if there are high load spikes on a parent server machine, then such problems may occurs also with PvPGN.

These log lines should indicate that user connections was timeout and because of that user session is not found.

Jul 19 09:24:27 [error] pvpgn :: bnetd :: on_d2cs_accountloginreq: sessionnum 873 not found

It may be because users have a bad connectivity with your server. In this case you can ask them make a traceroute to the server using WinMTR or similar programs when they are experiencing lags and disconnects. Trace will show where exactly the packet loss - inside or outside from the server.

Actually this is not a pvpgn issue, but a server administration issue.

Do not ask for support in PM.

HarpyWar wrote:

Sure these system settings are enough to host pvpgn.
I just want to say that there may be many different implicit problems with VDS, because of shared resources.

You said that players fall out of the games - I assume from D2GS also, because you created this post in Diablo section. I mean D2GS is a realtime application. But if there are high load spikes on a parent server machine, then such problems may occurs also with PvPGN.

These log lines should indicate that user connections was timeout and because of that user session is not found.

It may be because users have a bad connectivity with your server. In this case you can ask them make a traceroute to the server using WinMTR or similar programs when they are experiencing lags and disconnects. Trace will show where exactly the packet loss - inside or outside from the server.

Actually this is not a pvpgn issue, but a server administration issue.

Problem solved!

It was a setting in the Cloud Server.

Thks again HarpyWar!

Diablo 2 Online

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Who now at forum

Currently view post: 0 guests, 0 registered users

forums.pvpgn.pro → [EN] Tech Support → [Solved] Problem with server connection loss