Skip to forum content

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

forums.pvpgn.pro → [EN] Tech Support → [Solved] D2GS maxgames

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

1 (edited by htorbov 22.11.2017 02:29)

Topic: [Solved] D2GS maxgames

I've typed maxgames 150, and now I can create games. But what does that mean? What happens if I have 151 games? Is it possible?

Re: [Solved] D2GS maxgames

htorbov wrote:

My first question is about the D2GS maxgames. I've typed maxgames 150, and now I can create games. But what does that mean? What happens if I have 151 games? Is it possible?

At the moment the player is to create the game of number 151, he will queue up, and will have to wait for some other player to destroy the game in order to create a new game.

Diablo 2 Online

Itens - Armory - Market - Clans - Builds - Chat

Feofilaktt wrote:
htorbov wrote:

My first question is about the D2GS maxgames. I've typed maxgames 150, and now I can create games. But what does that mean? What happens if I have 151 games? Is it possible?

At the moment the player is to create the game of number 151, he will queue up, and will have to wait for some other player to destroy the game in order to create a new game.

Oh, cool! Thanks for the info.

htorbov wrote:

Oh, cool! Thanks for the info.

seen that you are working with PvPGN on Linux/Ubuntu

I have the following problem, do you have any information about this?

Problem -> https://forums.pvpgn.pro/viewtopic.php?id=1850

Diablo 2 Online

Yes, both PvPGN and D2GS.

Hm, strange. My server is only a day online, but I don't have that kind of problem yet. Why don't you upgrade to 16.04?

htorbov wrote:

Yes, both PvPGN and D2GS.

Hm, strange. My server is only a day online, but I don't have that kind of problem yet. Why don't you upgrade to 16.04?

I do not know, I have not tried to update yet. Could it be that?

This happens after many connections made, it seems that it does not clean this server queue list, because it always hangs around that number 32,000+

I will try to upgrade to 16.04 ...

Diablo 2 Online

Well, I think that the best way to test everything is to run the latest supported TLS distro, and the latest PvPGN, which I think is 16.04 and 1.99 (on fresh installs). If the problem remains - it's not the configuration, it's the PvPGN. Maybe it can't handle that kind of numbers?

I guess Harpy and Meanski are the only people that should know...

I will upgrade to Ubuntu 16.04 and see how it reacts..

I post the results here.. Tks

Diablo 2 Online

@htorbov - you should be able to set your MaxGames to like 600+ with absolutely no worries, just keep an eye on how many resources D2GS is sucking big_smile

I'll mark this one as resolved.

Owner of SlashDiablo - One of the oldest and most well known Diablo II servers
Admin of Resurgence - Vanilla++ mod
Co-Founder of Hellforged - Diablo 09 built on 1.13 engine (current work in progress)
Founder of Diablo2.org - Dedicated Discord server for PvPGN/D2GS questions

10 (edited by hehpe 29.11.2017 13:51)

Meanski wrote:

@htorbov - you should be able to set your MaxGames to like 600+ with absolutely no worries, just keep an eye on how many resources D2GS is sucking big_smile

I'll mark this one as resolved.

In 1.10 and every version except tesseract you cant have maximum 200 games with 1 gs and starts to give failed on 150+ games~ . It's the same with the resources every version of D2GS(except tesserecat 1.11/1.13) is single-threaded ( uses only one cpu core)
hrtorbov@ For 1.10 you have to have daily restart of your D2GS.

That definitely isn't the case with our D2GS and it is a straight-out-of-the-box install.

Co-Founder of Hellforged - Diablo 09 built on 1.13 engine (current work in progress)

12 (edited by hehpe 29.11.2017 13:57)

Meanski wrote:

That definitely isn't the case with our D2GS and it is a straight-out-of-the-box install.

That's the case with 1.10 and every other d2gs except tesseract.  Your server is 1.13 and I assume you blocked some hexes and solved the daily crash or you have tesseract d2gs.

Ahhh 1.10. Little hungover this morning smile

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Who now at forum

Currently view post: 0 guests, 0 registered users

forums.pvpgn.pro → [EN] Tech Support → [Solved] D2GS maxgames